Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Decisions, Decisions

Well it is that time of year again, school registration. In a world where everything is constantly under the micro scope of scrutiny I find school the most important item in the petri dish. Do I keep Primo enrolled where he is or switch. I cast the net wide every year. Transfer applications at charter schools, unlikely since most use the lottery system. I have kept the director of our current school on hold while I make arrangements to look at our area public school. What are the valid reasons for taking a child on the roller coaster called new school? Money? Curriculum? Location? Obviously, I do not have a clue. It is how ever my opinion that no school is good enough, they all demand a high level of parent and to that point is it wise to pay money and still have to do the amount of work I am currently required to do? Well dear readers perhaps it is. It is good that Primo is modestly above the average and motivated to succeed. Maybe all those early childhood games of Scrabble will prove to be valuable, so start playing with your kids when they are very young, say 3yrs. We try rhyming words, 3 letter words, and make silly words, too.

No comments: