Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Listen to your Mother!

I don't normally write about breakfast it is usually coffee for me - today I found, squirreled away, behind the tea boxes, a very lovely piece of fruitcake. I had hidden it so I would Not have to share it with the Cherubrats! Well it made my day and a truly lovely breakfast, steamed to perfection! No hard sauce but it was 9:00am :(!

Mom always said eat your breakfast it is the meal of the day - today I believe her!

Please note this is not your average fruitcake that is studded with green cherries and other atrocities, soaked in rum or whiskey, aged in a dark corner can be used as a water displacement brick in your toilet tank, but a HEAVENLY creation from a friend's bake shop - All Cats Bakery, Brooklyn NY.

Unfortunately, I ate it before I took a photo and there are not any that compare on google images. If you look you will find some scary cakes!

No comments: