Wednesday, July 24, 2013

No Bad Beach Days



They can be bittersweet, though.

This morning as we are driving to Jr. Guards, I casually ask my son if he wanted to be dropped off or if I should park and walk over to Marine Safety, with him, where the groups meet each morning. My question was met with, "No, well... you decide... No, just drop me off" I then ask, "Would it be all right if I park and walk over, I can pretend I don't know you?" Cullen responds, "Pretend you don't know me." I'm a little disappointed and oddly happy at the same time, he doesn't want to be babied but then he is the younger of my two boys. As we pull up to the drop off spot, I'm told that is alright for me to meet him at Marine Safety, I smile as he walks away, thinking to myself "yeah he's got this."

No comments: